Friday, March 8, 2013

Occupation

There are so much to this this poem can mean to someone. The reason why I chose this poem was how it describes soldiers, I can definitely relate myself to this since my cousin just came back from afghanistan. The words she used were quite gruesome, perhaps a little too detailed. Yet, it capture a clear image to me one how these soldiers today risk everything for their country and so  many are so unfortunate and don't make it. We as people here don't see all that happens when they are out there. The first few sentences she used; " The soldiers are hard at wry building a house they hammer bodies in the earth like nails, they paint the walls with blood" has so much detail on how they work so hard as well as how she used "they paint the walls with blood" really means something she is trying to put an image of how war really means that soldiers die. I just know that one day there won't be no more wars anywhere. And of course, grateful to have my cousin back home. And hopefully, all of this will be over and they can all come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment