Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"Atomic Bride": Thomas Sayers Ellis

Atomic Bride is a poem that makes you wonder. Its about a guy who's cross dressing as a girl and is a bride. He starts off talking about how happy a suburban home is, and then all of a sudden everything has fallen apart.  It goes from good and happy, to bad, mad and sad in an instant. He talks about things that a lot of poem writers usually wouldn't. It gets to the point to where it seems like he's trying to say that people tell lies to get them by. It's a lot different than most poems I've read, which makes it that much better. He talks about things that really do go on.  Whether in our lives or not, it goes on in someone's.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Celeste,

    Thanks for posting. I wish I had the poem in front of me to read! I love when you find a poem where the author really gives of himself and is very honest in expressing emotions. Sounds like this is a good example.

    I look forward to meeting you! Don't forget to bring in your permission slip for Friday's trip to your teacher if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you describe the poem is about and that the author is expressing emotions in the poem that is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete