Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"Errata" by Kevin Young

I chose this particular poem because it really made me think about my ex's and the good times in those relationships. It made me feel the love surrounding and looming around me like a Sunday morning breakfast. I really like how the writer worded some of the words. The writer would say: "Hive" when he really meant "Give" or he would say: "Lake" when he meant "Take". I just thought it was pretty awesome how he played around with the words in his poetry, it's something new to me.

2 comments:


  1. Hi Daryl,

    Thanks for posting. I like that the poem showed you something new. I wish I could read this one but I don't have it in front of me. I like what you said about Sunday morning breakfast!

    I look forward to meeting you on Friday at Park University. If you haven't turned in your permission slip, make sure to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this one a lot too i related to what your saying of remembering the good times. The way he played around with the words was good, i didn't catch on at first. It didn't make sense then after i read it another time it was better.

    ReplyDelete