Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"Occupation" by Suji Kwock Kim

In this poem, Siji Kwock Kim, was talking about death and heaven. She describes the death as peoples bodies are being buried into the earth. How their blood is the pain on the walls. The doors will always be shut and locked to people on this inside of the house. That the house will last forever, and everyone is welcome and you will have your own room. You have your own room because everyone is welcome into heaven, there will always be room for you there.

2 comments:


  1. Hi Tamarra,

    Thank you for posting! I like your take on this poem. Good job!

    I look forward to meeting you on Friday at Park University! If you haven't turned in your permission slip don't forget to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tamarra,
    This was one of my favorite poems. I liked your input on this story it made me understand it better. and i agree with the poems wording, it was very interesting. I do believe that we are all going to heaven and there is enough space for everyone. Heaven does not judge you for your mistakes, it accepts everyone. Good job

    ReplyDelete