Monday, February 25, 2013

"Elegant Endings" by Richard Blanco

I chose this poem because I felt like it was very descriptive. He used many adjectives to describe what he was talking about. I also like the way he connects everything. Another thing I like is how he compares things to other things. I really enjoyed ready this poem. I especially liked the part about "a foggy night, a silver train someone's hand pressed on glass, crystallized breaths eclipsing a face in a window slowly moving past someone left with smoke clinging around their feet--that ending." I felt that it was very descriptive.

2 comments:


  1. I agree-- very descriptive. And sort of sad. He wishes their romance could have had a "happy ending," like a movie, but he doesn't have any closure at all. He just keeps driving around her block, wishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could read this poem! Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete