Monday, February 25, 2013

"Euphoria" by Major Jackson

In this poem I like how he describes the mother and what she's doing. In this poem the mother likes smoking. Smoking is a bad habit, but at the same time people like smoking. Also I like how he describes where he's at, and what he is seeing. When he says, "But this happiness so hard to come by" it makes me realize that he hasn't been happy, and when he is, it's just once in a while. Walking in the street at night is scary because something can happen.

2 comments:


  1. I agree. This poem is about those small moments of happiness we grab onto. He and his mom are both grabbing at happiness in their own, sort of sad, ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting Martha! Don't forget to give Mrs. Wolff your permission form if you haven't already. I look forward to meeting you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete