Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"Errata" by Kevin Young

I enjoyed this poem because I though it was cute and jumbly. I thought it was creative and interesting how he intentionally misspelled the words. It made it seems like he was acutely nervous. I also like the sentence, "Mill you larry me?" It was charming! Like a nervous man about to ask his girlfriend to marry him. The loving, vulnerable vibe to it really caught my attention, along with the mixed up lettering. Over all it was just adorable.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with what you said, I felt exactly the same way now that I read your blog post. I didn't see it the way you did but I agree and that just makes me giggle even more because you're right it seemed like the whole time he's just very jumpy and nervous about asking his girlfriend for her hand in marriage.

    ReplyDelete